Confronting the Unthinkable: October 7 Report

I never thought I would ever publicly express something like this.  

I can't do it right now.  

I'm really struggling to write this.  



A commission to investigate the massacre of October 7, 2023, in relation to the sexualized terrorism - including the hostages - has published its report.  

In some comments, I had already read about it. Most of the former soldiers who appear publicly in the field of intelligence or academia. All of them were shocked, even soldiers who were "in the shit."  

My will was - and still is - at least to provide a brief overview of the 300-page document, which was compiled from over 10,000 photos and video segments and 1800 hours of video material. Most of which were published by Palestinians themselves.  

And this is not, in any way, a Jewish commission or Hasbara. It is a non-profit organization supported by the German Embassy in Tel Aviv, Canada, Microsoft, etc. Among them are, among others, a French ambassador for human rights, a professor and founder of the UN Court for Sierra Leone, a former UN commissioner for human rights, a former head of staff at the White House, and so on.  

I wanted to at least explain what this report is, who it comes from, and cite some testimonies. Because, as terrible as it is, I believe it is our duty, and our responsibility, to expose it.  

If we are not able to endure it, how can we expect the victims to forgive and accept it, perhaps? Without possibly admitting to it in a very human way?  

The victims were not only Jews. They were also Thais, Americans, Argentinians, French, British... And the Germans managed to suppress, in a remarkably psychological way, that even 22 Germans were killed and 17 taken hostage.  

It's not just about reading these inhumanities. (The photos are not included, I know many of them anyway.) "Inhumanities" is an absolutely accurate word, which, however, has lost its actual content due to its overuse.  

I can stop now. I am a social media blogger, I have spent many hours watching videos of people being hit, shot, and torn apart by mines. And I have seen many videos and images of the 10/7. More than anyone else should actually love.

It's about not looking too far into the abyss, because the abyss is looking into you.

I have also made it clear in the past that I have no empathy for the Palestinians. Or rather, I don't think about how much they rely on international law.

Because my thought is actually very simple, even if it seems difficult to grasp:

We Europeans have earned our values, on which international law is indisputably based, through long wars among ourselves and at great cost, with Churchill's blood, sweat, and tears. Not so much based on Christian faith - which I don't want to deny at all - but on Greek philosophy and enlightenment.

It's just hard to understand why we apply these values to those people, even project them onto them, and impose the same values on them, which are so obviously a disaster for them.

After just a few hours of work on this report, I'm struggling with demons.

I also want to continue being able to stand for a two-state solution. I also don't want to fall into passive empathy for open aggression. I also don't want to prioritize hatred as the simplest solution. I don't want to project everything onto Islam.

But with every side, with every statement, and with every report from a helper, in the sober, almost scientific summary and forensic analysis, it's becoming increasingly difficult. So incredibly difficult that I've caught myself having heated debates in the office alone. (Normally a good writing technique to practice arguments.)

In our European brain, we like to classify Hamas as a terrorist organization that acts independently of the Palestinian population. This image begins to crumble the moment we have to realize that at least the Gaza Palestinians have settled into this society. That they are married to cousins, their children taught hatred towards Jews in UNRWA schools, and every hospital or university employee has Hamas as their employer on their payroll. This goes far beyond Nazi collaborators.

How long can someone actually be unnaziig in such a system?

And more: How must a society be structured, in which it is considered a demonstration of power, when young men stand around a hostage, compensate for their sexual frustration and social incompetence, and rape her in turn? Even if she is dead, they still stick the rotten dick into her crotch under the laughter of those around her?  

If this formulation is too harsh for you, you are not even slightly ready for the realities. You have to complain about the formulations to me, not me to you.  

"Men dragged a woman out of the car... forcibly removed her clothes and raped her... they repeatedly attacked her and killed her... and raped her further after she was dead."  

Raz Cohen, Survivor of the Nova Festival  

We can't even clearly debate this. Because our regulations and social consensus prevent us from stating what reality is. I can't even post photos because I have to fear that social media platforms will block me. I can't even post links to photos from other platforms.  

We are being forced into a whole world, while around the corner is what we want to remove from our world as "inhumane." And thus, they provide services to those who want to make this reality disappear, while they themselves have previously proudly published it.  

No one needs me anymore with international law and empathy toward the Palestinians. I allow myself the human reflex at least to this extent.  

But right now, I just can't anymore.  

Note: In the databases with press images, there are only very few pictures from 10/7 in Israel, as personal rights and victim protection are respected there. Which is why I would be blocked on social media for most of them. But for many from the Gaza Strip, already on the first day.  



Written by Joey Hoffmann, a military blogger (MilBlogger) and former intelligence officer specializing in the Russian Baltic Fleet.

You can view the original post here U.M POST

Comments